torsdag den 8. august 2013

NEW YORK BABYYY!

After flying to Copenhagen on monday evening with my mum, accompanied by some of my good friends and my dad to the airport in Luxembourg, which I thought was really sweet, and flying to New York via Paris by myself on Tuesday morning, I am now sitting here in New York (which I'm actually quite proud of, considering that the airport in Paris is huge, I had to take a bus to the right gate and several elevators, plus it is my first time flying alone). 
The sad goodbye at the airport
I was the only one who hadn't flewn via London, so I hadn't met the others yet, and I was also the only one without a roommate, so you could say that I felt quite alone... Since I didn't want to spend my two days in New York on my own, the first morning I just went over to three girls at the breakfast table and asked if I could sit with them, and that's how I met Ellen Elise, another Danish girl, and two girls from Sweden, Mika and Vicky. They're really nice, but after a while I realised that you automatically get to talk to the others during the sight seeing tours, so by now I have talked to lots of people. They are all really nice and these couple of days in New York have been amazing! It is such a great city and it's fun to spend time with all the others who are at my age. 
I have now been here for two days and sadly I am leaving tomorrow (at 3 a.m., it's insane!!!), but the good thing is, that I'm finally going to Savannah, I'm meeting my family and starting school on Monday, I'm so excited! 
Instead of writing a novel about what we have seen and done here in NYC I'm just going to post some pictures so you can see it for yourself: 

Day 1: Uptown Manhatten


Ellen Elise and me at the Angel of Waters statue in Central park
Somewhere near Times Square
The American version of SmooJo, yummi
Having a take-away lunch with these lovely girls
We also walked on 5th Avenue, did some shopping and just had fun. 

Day 2: Downtown Manhatten and Brooklyn



The Statue of Liberty, and as you can see the weather was just fantastic...
 
Again Ellen Elise and me in front of New York skyline


The second day was more of a shopping day, we were in Soho, which is a part of Manhatten, where there are many good shops. We visited the business discrict, Wall street etc. and that's why I don't have that many pictures from today's sightseeing and 'free time' (we were allowed to walk around by ourselves in groups of at least three people both days between one and 6 o'clock). 

6 kommentarer:

  1. Herregud Sara vilket äventyr?
    Så kul att få följa med via din blogg. Väntar med spänning på nästa inlägg från dig. Kram från din svenska "faster."

    SvarSlet
  2. dejligt at höre nyt. var helt forfärdeligt da vi imorges opdagede at du havde skypet kl 3 i nat og at vi ikke havde hört det!!###%%@@@@!!
    ser bare SÅ godt ud.knus mor

    SvarSlet
  3. hey sara godt at høre3 at du er kommet godt frem eller næsten du skal jo flyve til Savannah nu
    håber du får en fantastisk flyvetur :)
    savner dig allerede :o)
    knus og kram din ynglings søster sofie :))

    SvarSlet
  4. sejt med den her blog, og go ide med billederne,
    nu behøver mor jo ik ta til NY,
    men ville egentlig bare lige hilse på,
    fra mig og Arniedrengen,:o)
    og ønske fortsat go tur,
    glæder mig til at høre mere om Savannah,
    big hug far

    SvarSlet
  5. Hej Sara
    dejligt at hører, at du er kommet frem til din værts familie,
    håber du har fået købt din uniform
    jeg er ked af , at du selv måtte flyve til Paris, og videre til New York.
    Knus farfar or farmor

    SvarSlet
  6. Kommer der snart lidt nyt på denne blog, din far

    SvarSlet