mandag den 26. august 2013

And I thought it couldn't get any better...

Okay, so there has been A LOT going on!
First of all - suprise, surprise, I'm not living with Denise anymore! Remember Mia, from my last post? I live with her now. When her family heard about my living situation, which wasn't ideal, they offered me to stay with them instead. It was all very spontaneous, they called me Saturday evening, and I moved to her house Monday after school (I got the biggest room in the house with the biggest closet and a TV hehe). I am so greatful for that, it has been a fantastic first week with them! Denise was very sweet, but she just couldn't give me the real American-life experience, which also includes being part of a family. It wasn't her fault, but that's just how things are.

There's a little sister, Kayla, who'll turn 12 in a couple of weeks, Mia, Mom and Dad, two dogs, and a rabbit. They're great and I can't believe that this is already my third week in the US, time passes so quickly! (That's about 1/10 of my whole stay here!)

I go to volleyball practice with Mia after school 2-3 times a week now, depending on whether we're playing a game or not. Well, actually I'm not really on the team since you have to go to try-outs and get elected. But Coach Olson (hehe) allowed me to practice with the team, and now I've become the team manager. I don't really do anything but it just means that I can come along to the games as well, so I'm not just alone at home or something.
This week we have practice from 5-7 instead, which will be like that every second week. Since school ends at 2:45, we just stay there, do our homework and walk around in the hallways, and those days we get home pretty late.

This weekend we went to the beach and on Saturday Katherine, my local represantative came and made a home visit and talked to my new family, and Mia and I did some shopping downtown. By the way, here they have Urban Outfitters, Holister, American Eagle, Starbucks, Victoria's Secret, and Forever 21, so as you can imagine, it is really hard not to spend all my money on shopping, Mocha Frappuccinos and shoes.
Here are some pictures from this week:
Mia and me, the day I moved to her house

Having some yummi Chinese food in town

One of our two lovely dogs, Fuman

I can't believe this is 25 minutes away from where I live!

Us being fabulous

School is really nice at the moment. Now that I'm starting to understand everything and making friends, it's actually pretty cool. It's a lot like in the movies, the hallways with the lockers, there'll be a hairspray musical in November, which everyone could audition for, the lunch breaks, and the yellow school busses (which aren't as cool as I thought, actually they're horrible, they stink, there's no air conditioning and it's loud. But in the morning I get a ride from one of Mia's friends now, and in the afternoon we usually have practice, then my hostmom picks us up, so I don't have to worry about those busses anymore.)
But getting up at 5 a.m. still kills me, I'll probably never get used to it. My grades are also pretty good. Although I thought it was going to be hard because of the English, the results of my first couple of quizzes and tests have been very satisfying , so there's nothing to worry about there.


That's all for now, Sara xx

7 kommentarer:

  1. It seems like a good adventure, fine that you have a hostfamily now that suits you better,a sister just like home, dog just like home etc.keep up your good work and enjoy.
    Your Swedish aunt Ninna.

    SvarSlet
  2. I ser da bare cool ud. og sikke en strand og sikke en hund haha. og du fik det største værelse - lige som derhjemme - du er godt nok heldig :o)) send flere billeder af familie, hus, skole, volley, kammerater, lærere, byen tak :o) stort knus mor.

    SvarSlet
  3. og du savner os derhjemme især far :o) hils coach olson fra pappa olsen

    SvarSlet
  4. hey ser ud til at du hygger dig ret meget.
    det lyder da ret sjovt med din manager-ting... 8-)
    men ha det nu godt
    knus fie (sofie)

    SvarSlet
  5. Hej Sara fra Savannah.
    Det glæder mig at se, at du er kommet til en god familie, der kan give dig den oplevelse du fortjener.
    Husk når du er i Mall'en at smage på Frozen Yougurt, uhmmmm det er dejligt.
    Og har du smagt Crab cakes?
    Nyd det hele, og pyt med at du bruger for mange penge, jo flere du bruger jo flere sparer du. Da det er så billigt ved du
    :-) See ya

    SvarSlet
  6. Hej Sara
    Dejligt at hører du er kommet til en god familie og at du har det fint med skolen.
    Stranden ser dejligt ud, nøsten som grønninghoved.
    Nyd dit ophold, det gør ikke noget du bruger nogle penge.
    Her har vi det godt, glæder os du også har det godt.
    mange knus fra
    farfar og farmor

    SvarSlet
  7. Hej tulle,
    godt at se du er faldet godt til ! (Endelig, det manglede bare!). Volleyball pige og team manager det lyder alt sammen mega fedt! Ej hvor fedt at du bor med en på din egen alder og har fået den der familie følelse igen!
    Glæder mig til at høre meget mere om din rejse, hver gang du poster bliver man en liiiillle smule jaloux!
    Vi må skypes ved snart!
    Stort knus og kram,

    Kamilla Isabel Nielsen.

    SvarSlet