torsdag den 14. november 2013

Spirit week and Halloween

As I wrote in my last post, we had a spirit week in our school. Everyday there's a different theme and people can dress up if they want. It was really fun to see all the different costumes.

The first day was monster day, Mia and I couldn't figure out wahat to do, so that day we wore our normal uniform. But there were wherewolves, witches, banana zombies, regular zombies wrapped in toilet paper and you name it.

Day 2: Nerd day. Here a picture of us in the parking lot with the people I drive to school with in the morning.
Nick, Miwa, me, and Mia
(Miwa and Mia as Harry Potter nerds haha)

Day 3: Superhero day
Me, Mia, Ben and Miwa went as the Ninja turtles!

Mia, Hayden, me, Mary Allison, and Megan
Girl power!

Day 4: Trick-or-treat day. I was dressed as Minnie Mouse, but I forgot to take a picture, so this is the only one I have.


Day 5: Hippie day!
As it turned out, Miwa and I wore almost the same outfits. 

Then the day before Halloween, we decided to carve pumpkins. We spent a lovely afternoon and evening at Miwa's house. Our pumpkins turned out pretty great actually. 




Mia, Nick, Craig, Miwa, me, Jonathan and Ben. 
Then, last Friday, it was international hug-an-exchange-student day, yeey! I had posted it on Instagram, so throughout the day I got a lot of hugs hehe.


Here with my lovely Gabby

Last weekend, a couple of friends and I went to watch the musical "Hairspray" at our school. The whole show was done by students, so the actors and dancers were all Savannah Arts students. The make-up, costumes, technical things, like the lights, and the set and stage decorations were all done by the theatre majors. Even the music was played by Savannah Arts' orchestra.
It was an amazing show! There were some absolutely fantastic singers and actors. 
Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to take pictures or to film, but I found some photos on Savannah Arts' Facebook page. 





I looked through some pictures and found this one of our volleyball team. I thought I'd put it on here for the people who haven't seen my picture of us on Facebok.

As you know the volleyball season ended about a month ago, so since I was feeling bad for not exercicing at all and the American food isn't the healthiest, I decided to join the swimming team. I now swim three times a week at the aquatic center, and I can tell you... this is real exercice. After not being active for so long, I feel like I'm nearly dying everytime, but I guess that's a good sign, right..? 

In two weeks, Thanksgiving is coming up. There will be a lot going on there, so make sure you keep an eye open for updates. After that it's almost Christmas, then I turn 16, an then... well, then I'm already going home again. I can't really believe it, and I know I'm going to miss this place! 

Sara xx




3 kommentarer:

  1. Så härligt du verkar att ha det, njut så länge det varar, var rädd om dig där borta. Kram från din svenska familj
    .

    SvarSlet
  2. tiden suser jo afsted. sad i flyveren fra stockholm igår og talte med en kollega fra en anden bank. hun sagde på et tidspunkt til mig: man kan bare mærke på dig at du virkelig nyder at din datter har det godt derovre ....ja - sådan er det. vi savner dig - men hold da op hvor er det også bare fedt at du får alle de oplevelser. glæder os til at få dig hjem igen - men nyd nu de sidste 6-7 uger. knus mor

    SvarSlet
  3. Hold da helt op en masse gode oplevelser du har fået! Vi er glade for at høre, at du har det godt, og vi håber resten af din tid i USA bliver lige så god. Vi glæder os til at se dig igen. Skulle hilse fra hele familien i Aarhus. Knus din kusine Caroline

    SvarSlet